Cigna offers a variety of health plans so you can find the right one to meet every client's needs
- Up to 499 Employees
- 500 or More Employees
- All Employee Sizes
Health plans designed for smaller to mid-size clients*
Health benefit plans are top-of-mind for your clients. They look to you for solutions that:
- Provide high-quality benefits and multiple coverage options
- Provide access to strong provider networks
- Meet pharmacy needs
- Help manage costs
Our health plans are tailored to meet the unique needs of your clients. Each health plan combines medical and pharmacy coverage for a more connected health experience that helps clients save money and achieve better health outcomes.
- Open Access Plus (OAP) plans include a nationwide network that provides optimal pricing and benefits
- LocalPlus® plans include limited local networks with access to national coverage when traveling anywhere in the country.
- Cigna SureFit® plans include a narrow network of providers and hospitals that collaborate with Cigna to provide immediate savings for employers.
- Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) require selection of a primary care provider (PCP) who refers customers to in-network specialists
Savings Accounts - Health and Dependent Care
- Most Cigna medical plans can be combined with a personal savings account. These plans provide flexibilty, affordability and employee ownership of their health care costs.
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) - integration of a qualified high deductible medical plan with aa account that can be funded by the employer, the employee or both.
- Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) - integration of a medical plan with an employer funded account.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) - tax-advantaged accounts that can reimburse the employee for out of pocket health care and dependent expenses.
*In most states, Cigna offers group insurance coverage to employers with 51 or more full-time employees. It also offers administrative services for self-funded plans with as few as 25 full-time employees. For more information about your state, contact your Cigna sales representative.
Custom benefit strategies designed for your clients
We use our core beliefs analysis and online health assessment to help design a customized medical benefits strategy that fits the unique needs of your client's organization.
Connected benefit solutions
Integrated benefit solutions can help control healthcare costs for mid-sized businesses. Integrated benefit solutions include:
- Medical + Behavioral + Pharmacy
- Medical + Dental
- Medical + Pharmacy
In 2017, we achieved a 2-3% lower total medical cost trend compared to our top national competitors*.
We work with you to build client-specific medical plans from our broad portfolio of health plan options.
- Open Access Plus (OAP) - include a nationwide network providing optimal pricing and benefits
- Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs) - offer choice, coverage, convenience and an ever-expanding network with no referrals needed
- Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) - require the selection of a primary care provider (PCP) who makes referrals to in-network specialists
Consumer-driven health plans (CDHPs)
With CDHPs, employees can pay for eligible health care services from personal savings accounts. They see what they spend and have a vested interest managing expenses by staying healthy.
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
These plans help your clients motivate employees to be more health-conscious and accountable for their health.
*Based on Cigna and top three national competitors’ mid-point reported ranges Q1 2018 analyst calls – publicly available information.
Whether your clients are looking to maintain medical coverage that employees expect or make a change to increase plan participation and savings, we have a variety of medical insurance plans to meet their needs.
Understanding that your clients have employees with different coverage needs, we offer:
- Open Access Plus (OAP) plans that include a nationwide network, providing optimal pricing and benefits
- Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs) that offer choice, coverage, convenience and an ever-expanding network where referrals aren't necessary
- Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) that require the choice of a primary care physician (PCP) with referrals to in-network specialists
- Consumer-driven health plans (CDHPs) that focus on shifting behaviors – not costs – to help deliver high rates of satisfaction, engagement and savings
We make it easier for you to build a more connected, comprehensive health plan for your clients. With multiple Cigna benefits, there are opportunities for them to:
- Save money
- Improve employee health outcomes
- Take advantage of more streamlined administration
- Find protection from unexpected costs
Connecting Cigna benefits also allows for a more holistic view of an employee's health to ensure that their experience is seamless, coordinated and personalized to their needs.