Partnering together to create a complete, holistic health engagement strategy
- Up to 499 Employees
- 500 or More Employees
- All Employee Sizes
Cigna has the tools, resources and solutions necessary to create customized health engagement programs for your clients with smaller to mid-sized businesses.*
Our dedicated team of health engagement professionals assesses the unique needs of each individual client and its employees to customize a program that:
- Connects the company’s values with its employees values
- Bridges the gap between employees at work, and with their family at home
- Links employees and families to community health resources
Our programs are designed to evaluate, educate, engage and empower a specific workforce community through tools such as:
- Organizational assessments and employee interest surveys
- Health assessment and other aggregated data points
- Preventive care and targeted health awareness campaigns
- Integrated care management and pharmacy programs
- Online lifestyle management programs and engagement tools
- Turnkey incentive programs
We also provide the reporting necessary to measure effectiveness and make tailored recommendations for optimal health engagement – to support a more productive and less costly workforce community.
*In most states, Cigna offers group insurance coverage to employers with 51 or more full-time employees, as well as administrative services for self-funded plans with as few as 25 full-time employees. For more information about your state, contact a Cigna representative.
Cigna Health Matters® health engagement solutions can connect your clients’ employees to the help they need to understand their health status, overcome obstacles, and reach health goals.
Our approach to engagement maximizes every touch-point by:
- Providing a seamless customer experience
- Leveraging customer knowledge to guide, educate and optimize, no matter the customer contact point
We make complex care and access to care easier for your clients and their employees. We keep them engaged with our digital and personal solutions that include:
- Personal and proactive guidance
- Seamless provider collaboration
- Holistic integration of Pharmacy and Behavioral benefits
- Consultative Care Management Programs
- Engaging apps and activities
- myCigna® easy digital tools
Cigna One Guide® is a high-touch, analytically driven customer engagement model that combines a powerful digital experience with the empathy and expertise of a personal guide. This solution allows us to:
- Reach more customers, more often
- Connect customers with high-value care
- Impact customers' decisions and actions with predictive analytics
One Guide service can help improve outcomes and close gaps in care, as well as address early identification and engagement in clinical programs.
Better Health. Guaranteed.®
Reversing and preventing unhealthy behaviors is the key to reducing illness, disease and avoidable business costs. Our Better Health. Guaranteed.® (BHG) program helps your clients engage and motivate their employees to be active in improving their health.
In 2016, BHG vs Cigna Book of Business, BHG clients experienced:
- 1% Total Medical Cost Trend1
- 43% health engagement score across the total population (which is 54% higher than our Book of Business norm)2,3
- 18% higher adult well-visit completion rate2
- 7% higher network penetration/in-network care2
- Clients saw a 20%-30% reduction in high/medium employee health risks2
- Cigna guarantees 30% high/medium risk category reduction in 12 months or will provide a $1,100 performance guarantee payment for each additional individual needed to meet the annual risk shift goal4
1Better Health. Guaranteed.® trend based on 2016 Better Health. Guaranteed® client results for calendar year 2016 were measured in comparison with Cigna’s medical Book of Business results for calendar year 2016. Actual results may vary.
2Better Health. Guaranteed.® client results for calendar year 2016 were measured in comparison with Cigna’s medical Book of Business results for calendar year 2016. Actual results may vary.
3In 2016, 43% of the total population engaged in two or more Health Maintenance actions or one or more Health Improvement actions. Health Maintenance: Health protection: Activities that allow an individual to maintain health and improve health behaviors. Health detection: Tests and procedures that allow an individual to identify illness. Health Improvement: Activities that allow an individual to manage and improve their current illness.
4The "Better Health. Guaranteed." program is only available for plans with certain Cigna administered and approved health coverage and services. Employee participation and other requirements apply. Availablility of this program may vary by state and is subject to Cigna approval. Complete and prevailing terms are set forth in the applicable performance guarantee agreement.
Employee health engagement can have a real impact on your client’s workplace productivity and bottom line.
Your clients are facing increased pressure to:
- Avoid shifting costs to employees due to rising health care costs
- Keep employees healthy and happy and attract talent – at a lower cost
- Preserve time and resources because of increasing administrative burden
Your client's time is limited and sometimes, it’s hard to even know where to begin addressing these issues. When it comes to health engagement, we offer more than a single one-size-fits-all formula. We offer a variety of solutions, designed with each client’s business in mind – its size, as well as its culture and business goals.