Engaging employees at the right time with the right resources for better outcomes
Your clients’ success depends on an able-bodied workforce. After all, when employees are healthy, it helps them be more productive. One of the best ways to reduce disability-related absences is to prevent disabling illnesses and injuries from happening. Our disability program focuses on prevention. But if a disability occurs, we quickly deploy our expert resources that work together to get customers back on their feet and on the job faster.
Our disability programs are designed to maximize performance and profitability for your clients, while providing immediate value for their employees.
Our disability services and programs include:
- Stay-healthy-at-work and return-to-work programs designed to help employees either reduce their risk of a disability, or return to work quickly and safely
- Individualized Healthy Working Life® plans designed to help employees overcome barriers in performing their jobs and reduce the risk of a disabling event
- Anytime support with easy-to-use programs and services, including online resources and value-added programs and services for employees and their families to use immediately
Faster recovery, quicker, safer return-to-work
- 3.1 days shorter STD durations1
- 16% shorter STD durations when claims are reported in 10 days2
- 4.5 days shorter musculoskeletal disability durations3
Cigna Disability with Cigna health plans – Cigna's Disability & HealthCare Connect®
Our plans work together so customer experiences and outcomes are even better.
- Up to 6.7 days shorter STD durations with $519 average annual savings per disabled customer4
- 16% quicker STD decision times4
- 52% more likely to return to work4
To learn how Cigna can help your clients more effectively manage medical leaves, click here.
1IBI, "2016 Industry Benchmarking for STD." vs. Cigna STD Book of Business data from 1/1/2016-12/31/2016. March 2018.
2Cigna internal analysis based on STD Book of Business data from 1/1/2016–12/31/2016. October 2017.
3Cigna's STD Book of Business data for musculoskeletal claims from 1/1/2016–12/31/2016 vs. 2017 independent industry benchmarking survey. April 2018 .
4Cigna, "2017 Integrated Value Study." Based on STD claim experience for Cigna customers with Disability Healthcare Connect. DHCC customers experienced between 5.6-6.7 better STD durations than customers with standalone disability from 1/1/2015-6/30/2016 and medical-eligible customers from 1/1/2015–12/31/2016. October 2017. Individual customer/client results will vary and savings are not guaranteed.