We make it easy to broaden your knowledge
and advance your career
Cigna offers four ways to improve your expertise and take your career to the next level: Continuing Education University, our own Continuing Education (CE) Credit Program, Producer New Hire Academy and through Customized Training events.
Continuing Education University (CEU)
Free online courses in collaboration with CEU.* Each state-approved course counts toward your CE credits and are an easy way to keep your license active. View the course offerings and register to get access to classes in:
- Ethics and the Insurance Industry
- Managed Care and Group Health
- Product Liability
- Introduction to Health Savings Accounts
Use this quick navigation guide to ensure you are getting access to the free CE courses.
CE by Cigna
A Cigna-funded CE credit program designed to accelerate your professional development. Get all the latest insights on highly relevant topics:
- Engaging and interactive training
- Courses developed by industry experts
- State-approved, professional instructors
- Relevant courses for both new and seasoned brokers
- CE credits required for license renewal
Producer New Hire Academy (PNHA)**
A two-week intensive training program for those in client-facing roles who are just starting their professional careers. The program focuses on general health care industry knowledge, carrier-agnostic and Cigna product solutions training, and soft-skill-based courses on topics such as presentation and consultative selling.
Producer Education Series***
A customized training event which provides a unique way to enhance learning for your firm in a way that is specific to your firm’s unique needs and your relationship with Cigna.
Who should consider the Producer Education Series?
- Firms wanting to bring training to many employees at once in one location
- Firms looking for unique training outside of their existing Learning & Development programs or in public training
- Firms who are aligned to a National Producer Relationship Director or a Regional Producer Relationship Manager
Contact us for more information.
*Cigna will only cover the cost of the class. This does not include any additional costs, such as state-required monitors for exams. When registering for a class, you may see a charge; however classes are paid for by Cigna when going through the Cigna CEU site. You will not need to register with any credit card information. At the end of the checkout process, there will be a confirmation that says "Pre-paid by employer."
**Cigna maintains the right to accept or deny candidates for PNHA based on program criteria, guidelines and program availability.
***Cigna maintains the right to accept or deny requests for customized training events based on availability of resources and training topic(s) requested.